According to a new survey conducted by the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment, Australia consumed 3.4 million tonnes of plastic.
Our marine life, as well as our ecosystem, has been severely harmed by the excessive use of plastic. There are several different forms of plastic waste, all of which come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Plastic is used in toys. Keeping these things out of landfills and waterways can help minimize plastic waste dramatically. In addition to keeping these unwanted items out of our landfill, we are helping children who do not have access to toys by recycling discarded toys.
Play is an essential component of every child’s growth. And toys play an important role for a child’s development and creativity. Recycling these used toys, rather than throwing them out, is the right option for both our children and the environment.
Check out your local community to divert some of your junks or waste away from our landfill.
Local Used Toys Drop-Off Organisation
Donating old toys and other household objects to charity bins is a good idea in general. You must, however, ensure that you read the guidelines. Various organisations welcome used or discarded children’s items in addition to used or discarded toys.
Rehome your children’s old toys by donating them to one of the organisations mentioned below.
- Peninsula Seniors Toy Recyclers – is a group of senior citizens that fix worn or damaged toys. When they are all repaired, they will send them to various charities. Drop your used items to the following libraries Manly and Mona Vale.
- Dandelion Support Network – you may also recycle your old baby pieces in addition to used toys.
- Children’s Hospital – check out the local medical facilities in your area that welcome gently used toys.
- Save the Children
- Mummies Paying it Forward – accepts children’s clothes, toys, and other nursery essentials
- Grassroots Community Organisations – accepts recycled goods on a regular basis. The used items they provide would be based on the person or family’s needs.
Some organisations don’t accept worn and damaged toys. However, you can check your local Facebook group and see if anyone around your area needs your used items.
Also, if you know of any charity donation bins or organisations in your area, let us know so we can add them to our list.
Junks and Waste Removalist in Sydney
When children outgrow their toys, they are discarded. And if your used toys are beyond repair, don’t hesitate to contact a reputable rubbish removal service provider to dispose of them.
Furthermore, if you don’t have the time to donate your items around your local community, contact us!
Aussie Junk provides various rubbish removal options to keep as many things as possible out of our landfill. We are advocate of preserving our environment for future generations. You can count on us to bring any toy that has been discarded to good use.